In the communities that we serve, Create-A-Village empowers clients through its Home and Entrepreneurship Programs, creating new paths towards economically and environmentally sustainable development.
Our Home Programs create affordable solutions for what families need most.
- Our Micro Water Plant provides clean running water to 25-50 homes at a time, dramatically reduces incidence of disease
- Modern Composting Toilets offer a sanitary alternative to flushing toilets because they conserve water and do not require sewer infrastructure.
- Our Home Solar Kits provide enough DC power to run 6 LED bulbs in the evenings so families can cook, read, and study in the light without being connected to the grid or increasing their carbon footprint.
- Gas Cooking Stoves provide a fast and clean burning alternative to charcoal – a leading cause of lung disease and deforestation in the developing world.
- Prefabricated Home Kits give families the option of building a safe, new, and affordable home that they can complete themselves.
Working with non-profit and business partners, we create products and services designed to address the basic needs of the poor at prices they can afford. We also work with microfinance partners to create payment options that work for our clients.
Create-A-Village also aims to locally manufacture as many of its materials for its Home Programs. Through local manufacturing and distribution, the organization works to train and create jobs for people in its Entrepreneurship Programs.
Our Entrepreneurship Programs enable our clients to get the tools they need to make a sustainable income through skilled labor or starting their own business.
- Adult Education & Distance Learning Classes give the people and communities we serve the access to education about how to manage a business, vocational training, and practical life skills to help people succeed in a cash-based society. Through this, they develop management and skill specializations that benefit broader society.
- On-The-Job Training Programs create opportunities for clients to learn new skills while gaining employment in local businesses. In East Africa, On-The-Job Training programs include work in the tourism industry, road building & maintenance, and manufacturing products for our Home Programs.
- We work with microfinance partners to give our clients access to Micro-Loans of $50-$500 that they can use to start their own business, buy equipment, or go back to school.
By giving people the tools they need to thrive economically, they can afford to care for their families, access medical care, and send their children to school. They also can contribute positively to growing the welfare and employment opportunities of the country.